AWS Direct Connect is a native AWS Service that enables you to establish a dedicated private network connection from designated AWS Direct Connect point-of-presence (POP) to AWS. It provides increased bandwidth throughput, more consistent network performance, higher security and reduced overall cost (i.e. using Direct Connect to transfer huge amount of data between on-premises systems and AWS can yield significant cost benefits.) than the Internet-Based connection options; and can scale up to as high as10Gbps or multiple of 10Gbps bandwidth.
1CLOUDSTAR’s CloudConnect Service for AWS is an enterprise-grade solution that seamless integrates AWS’s Direct Connect service with other key ingredients, such as domestic or international private circuits, datacentre colocations service, managed routers / firewalls, and 24×7 around the clock monitoring and support, and provides our customers a truly end-to-end one-stop managed solution to connect any number of its physical sites (such as offices, production facilities, and datacentres) to AWS with any preferred network throughput (from 10mbps up to 10Gbps), resiliency, network topology (i.e. point-to-point, multipoint etc.) and underlying connectivity technologies (i.e. layer 2, layer 3, MPLS, SDWAN etc.).
By working with 1CLODUSTAR, you will be working with one of the pioneer AWS Direct Connect partners in Singapore with years of experience behind the team. With our broad range of customers in many different industries and sectors like FSI, government, education, aviation, transportation, logistics, manufacturing, property, retail and e-commerce, our team can always deliver a connectivity solution that is customized tailored to meet your Cloud Connectivity needs and budget.
Key Features and Benefits
- A fully end-to-end managed Direct Connect service, to significantly boost the network / application performance and security when connecting your organization’s physical facilities to AWS resources and services.
- A selection of bandwidths ranging from as low as 10Mbps to as high as 10Gbps that enables you to right size your cloud connectivity pipe according to your needs and budget. For some specific cases where applicable, we can even support burstable bandwidth options to meet additional throughput requirement in short notice.
- Flexibility to supports and integrate all network topologies that your infrastructure is built upon, be it a point-to-point or point-to-multipoint.
- Capability to deliver the AWS connectivity service over any major network technology flavours that you are using or prefer, such as L2 / L3 network, MPLS / VPLS / IPLC / IEPL, or even the latest SDWAN technologies.
- Able to deliver the AWS connectivity with different level of SLA (service level agreement) to cost-effectively balance your business requirement and the budgetary constraint. From the standard single-link, single-ISP, single-AWS-POP solution to the advanced and highly resilient dual-link, different-ISP, dual-AWS-POP solution, can support your most mission-critical applications at ease. We can also provide you seamless transition to upgrade your resiliency design without any downtime to support your further growth.
- Further customizable security services and extensions to meet your additional regulatory, auditing and compliance requirement. Our solution supports additional security implementations such as end-to-end WAN traffic encryption, traffic segregation and application partitioning using managed firewall / IPS / IDS appliance hosting, and AWS workload / data encryption service using hosted dedicated HSM appliance via Direct Connect. These service add-ons are extremely useful and valuable to our government, FSI and e-commerce sector clients, or enterprises that needs to undergo certifications like PCI.
- Added flexibility to provide you with shared or dedicated rack colocation services in many strategic top-tier data centres in Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam and other southeast Asian countries, so you can put your most throughput-hungry, latency-sensitive or mission-critical systems in our managed data centre racks that can be directly linked to AWS workload via dedicated local fibre cross connects for up to multiple of 10Gbps throughputs, as low as 2ms of round-trip latency and with the support of jumbo-frame to communicate with AWS. This will realize significant cost benefits and performance boost to further optimize your cloud experience.
- Deliver 0-lead-time, on-demand, secure, high-performance and low-cost AWS Cloud Connectivity from almost anywhere in the globe via our next generation AppWAN CloudConnect solution powered by NetFoundry. This extremely agile, flexible and cost-effective solution works perfectly in tandem with our classic private-circuit based CloudConnect solutions and opens up new possibilities and options for you to connect your remote users, branch offices, customers or business partners to AWS. It is also ideal for temporary / short-term connectivity requirement for cloud migration, projects and DevOps user cases.
High Level Solution Design Reference Model
1CLOUDSTAR CloudConnect Service for AWS – Standard: single sites with single point-to-point link)
1CLOUDSTAR CloudConnect Service for AWS – Standard: multiple sites with single point-to-point links
1CLOUDSTAR CloudConnect Service for AWS – Standard: multiple sites with single MPLS/VPLS Multi-point links
1CLOUDSTAR CloudConnect Service for AWS – Advanced: single sites with dual point-to-point links from different ISP and dual AWS Direct Connect POPs
1CLOUDSTAR CloudConnect Service for AWS – Advanced: multiple sites with dual point-to-point links from different ISP and dual AWS Direct Connect POPs
1CLOUDSTAR CloudConnect Service for AWS – Advanced: multiple sites with dual MPLS/VPLS multi-point links from different ISP and dual AWS Direct Connect POPs
1CLOUDSTAR CloudConnect Service for AWS – Advanced Hybrid Solution with AppWAN Integration for branch offices and mobile users via Internet
1CLOUDSTAR CloudConnect Service for AWS – Managed Colocation Service Addon for additional performance, security, and hardware hosting requirement
Speak to our expert team for more information on your AWS Connectivity requirement.